Amalia has a passion for helping people. With her practical and solution-oriented approach, she resolves family law matters in a manner that is low-conflict and cost-effective. Amalia encourages settlement through negotiation, mediation and collaborative process, but is also prepared to litigate her clients’ position when necessary. Amalia enables her clients to regain control of their lives and their futures.
Amalia has a broad range of legal experience. She articled at a large regional litigation firm before being called to the BC Bar in 2014. She then worked as in-house counsel for a multi-national corporation and as a solicitor in Wills and Estates. Amalia brings this diversity of experience to her family law practice.
While in law school at the University of British Columbia, Amalia was awarded the Law Foundation Award and the opportunity to participate in an internship with the BC Provincial Court, where she first developed an interest in family law.
As a native Vancouverite, Amalia never ceases to be grateful for the natural beauty of this city. In her spare time, she enjoys anything outdoors, including hiking, biking, and camping. You will find her most often in the mountains of the North Vancouver, which is where she calls home. Amalia also has a passion for traveling; she has traveled in South America, Asia, Africa and Europe.
Amalia’s practice involves resolving family law issues such as:
- Family property and debt division
- Excluded asset, unequal division, and trust claims
- Spousal support
- Child support
- Parenting issues including those related guardianship, parenting time and custody
Amalia is also experienced in drafting agreements, including cohabitation agreements and separation agreements.
- 2013 Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia
- 2009 Bachelor of Arts, Simon Fraser University
- 2017 – Collaborative Law Training
- 2016 Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- 2014 – Present – Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- 2014 – British Columbia Bar
- 2015 Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
- 2014 – 2015 Baker Newby LLP
- 2013 – 2014 Harper Grey LLP