Amalia is an associate with MacLean Family Law. With her passion for helping people, she takes a pragmatic and empathetic approach to her clients’ needs. Amalia is trained in Collaborative Law and is expanding her practice in this area.
Amalia has a broad range of legal experience. She articled at a large regional litigation firm before being called to the BC Bar in 2014. She then worked as in-house counsel for a multi-national corporation and as a solicitor in Wills and Estates. She brings this diversity of experience to her family law practice.
While in law school at the University of British Columbia, Amalia was awarded the Law Foundation Award and the opportunity to participate in an internship with the BC Provincial Court, where she first developed an interest in family law.
An avid traveler, Amalia has journeyed through North America, Europe, South America, Africa and Asia. In her spare time, she enjoys anything that gets her outside, including hiking, camping and biking. She also enjoys learning about psychology, neuroscience, history and Eastern traditions.
- 2013 Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia
- 2009 Bachelor of Arts, Simon Fraser University
- 2017 – Collaborative Law Training
- 2016 Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- 2014 – Present – Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- 2014 – British Columbia Bar
- 2015 Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
- 2014 – 2015 Baker Newby LLP
- 2013 – 2014 Harper Grey LLP