Aman received her Juris Doctorate from the University of Saskatchewan College of Law. She was awarded both the Dean’s List and the Golden Key in the College of Arts and Science at U of S. She is a member of the Alberta and British Columbia bar (pending). Aman provides legal services in English, Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu.
Prior to moving to Vancouver, Aman practiced for numerous years in a boutique law firm, specializing in family law litigation. She also has experience with immigration and criminal law which is incredibly beneficial when dealing with family matters including working with child and family services and law enforcement officials.
Aman has valuable experience in family law including trials at the Provincial Court and Queen’s Bench as well as Judicial Dispute Resolution, Mediation, and Arbitration. Aman has dealt with complex family law matters including matrimonial property division, child custody, child support, common law relationships, settlement meetings, emergency protection orders, and Queen’s bench protection orders.
Aman believes in giving back to the community and is passionate about volunteering. She is dedicated to several organizations, including the South Asian Police Advisory Committee, Sikh Society of Calgary and Edmonton, Calgary Legal Guidance, and The Women’s Centre.
Outside of law, Aman’s biggest passion is travelling. She has visited 16 countries but this is just the tip of her travel adventures. She also finds time to be with her nieces and nephews, watch hockey, tennis, and NFL football. Aman also enjoys hiking and reading comic books.
- 2011 Juris Doctorate, University of Saskatchewan (U of S), SK
- 2007 Bachelor of Arts in Sociology with Distinction, University of Saskatchewan, SK
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- 2016 – Present – MacLean Law
- 2015 – Associate, Kay Law & Mediation, Edmonton AB
- 2013 – 2015 – Associate, Leamy Law Office, Calgary AB
- 2011 – 2012 – Articling Student, Singh & Partners LLP, Calgary, AB
- 2008 – 2010 – Summer Student, Singh & Partners LLP, Calgary, AB
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- 2015 – Present – Volunteer Lawyer, Sikh Society Of Edmonton, Edmonton AB
- 2015 – Volunteer Lawyer, Pro-Bono Legal Guidance, NJ, USA
- 2013 – 2015 Co-Chair, Volunteer Lawyer, Calgary Police Service – South Asian Police Advisory Committee, Calgary, AB
- 2013 – 2015 Volunteer Lawyer, Calgary Legal Guidance, Calgary AB
- 2013 – 2015 Volunteer Lawyer, Women’s Centre, Calgary, AB
- 2013 – 2015 Volunteer Lawyer, Calgary Immigrant Women’s Centre, Calgary AB
- English, Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu