The British Columbia Family Law Act focuses on alternatives to litigation and Audra Bayer brings a unique skill set and experience to this area. She is well-versed in the new Family Law Act rules after practising under a similar regime in Manitoba for more than 12 years before joining MacLean Law.
As a family lawyer with a focus on the litigation, resolution, and mediation of high-conflict matters and cases, Audra is a skilled client advocate and an effective negotiator. She is a certified collaborative law practitioner and has completed courses in the LL.M program (Alternative Dispute Resolution) at York University in Ontario with a focus on dispute resolution, domestic violence, and high-conflict family law.
Audra is also a private mediator, offering services to parties in high-conflict separations, parenting plan assistance, communication coaching, divorce coaching and divorce consultation. She previously occupied several Executive Positions with both the Provincial and National Canadian Bar Association Sections and volunteers in the community with a number of schools and organizations.
Audra welcomes the opportunity to work with families to:
- Find a healthy, proactive resolution to family matters using creative solutions.
- Empower their independence and personal well-being.
- Develop and maintain a positive parenting relationship between child/ren and former partners.
- Maintain a focus on the restructuring of family dynamics instead of the separation process.
- Direct family issues using a child-focused approach while assisting with financial matters.
- Enter into family matters with a pragmatic, business-like plan.
Audra is the recipient of the prestigious certificate of excellence from Lexis Nexis and Lawyers.com for outstanding quality in client service. She is fluent in French and English and continues to practice in Manitoba as a litigator, mediator, arbitrator and collaborative law practitioner.
- 2000 Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Manitoba
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award 2013
- Susan B. Loadman Award – Award for Outstanding Perseverance and Determination in the Study of Law 2002
- Judge Ross A. Johnston Prize for Family Law, April 2000 – Award for Standing in Family Law and Children and The Law
- Honorable Mr. Justice Hudson Prize, April 1999 – Highest Standing in Jurisprudence
- British Columbia Bar
- Manitoba Bar
- 2012 – Present — Lawyer at MacLean Law
- 2008 – 2013 President/Director at Audra Bayer Law Corp
- 2007 – 2012 Co-Founder of Child At Focused Resolution Center
- 2003 – 2008 Associate, Orle Davidson Giesbrecht Bargan, Winnipeg, MB
- 2001 – 2003 Associate at Bellan, Wasylin and Associates, Manitoba
SELECTED DECISIONS, NEWS & VIEWS
- C.S.R. v. D.M.R., 2005 MBQB 2 (CanLII) — 2005-01-04
- S.P.M. v. R.H.M., 2005 MBQB 58 (CanLII) — 2005-03-07
- Genaske v. Genaske, 2011 MBQB 75 (CanLII) — 2011-04-05
- Beech v. Pearce, 2010 MBQB 99 (CanLII) — 2010-04-23
- Spring 2014, Volume 23, Number 1, The Shrivener, Passion for Humanity, A Story of Audra Bayer
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- CBABC Section Chair Okanagan – Family Law
- CBABC Co-Chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Co-Chair of the CBABC 2016 Conference
- Panelist Justice Summit on Law Reform in Family Law in BC
- Speaker – BC Notaries Association Fall Conference
2013 to present
- Co-Chair CBA Okanagan Family Bar Section
- Executive Member CLEBC San Diego Conference 2013
- Executive Member CLEBC Arizona Conference 2014
- CLEBC Domestic Violence Training Coach
2011 to present
- Mediator at Automobile Injury Mediation Project
- Contract mediator on the Roster for AIM
- Co-Chair ADR Section Manitoba Bar Association at MB Bar Association
- Executive Member – ADR Section – Canadian Bar Association at Canadian Bar Association
- Support Recalculation Determination Officer (Alternate) at Province of Manitoba
- Guest speaker / member CLEA (Community Legal Education Association)
- Past Member of the Faculty of Law Mentorship Program
- Past Vice Chair – ADR at Manitoba Bar Association