Chen was called to the British Columbia bar in 2015 and joined MacLean Law as an associate. His practice now focuses on family law and wealth and asset preservation matters.
Chen articled with a full service law firm in Vancouver. As an articled student, he gained experience in a wide range of practice areas including personal injury, conveyance, wills and estate, family law and criminal law.
Chen also brings international work experience. He previously interned in Hong Kong as a first year law student in 2012 and also worked in the Beijing office of an international law firm as a legal intern with their Intellectual Property and Technology group in 2014.
- 2014 Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia – Faculty of Law
- 2011 Bachelor of Commerce, University of Toronto – Rotman School of Management
- 2015 British Columbia Bar
- 2015 – Present – Lawyer, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2014 – 2015 Articled Student, Smeets Law Corporation, Vancouver, BC
- 2014 Legal Intern, DLA Piper LLP, Beijing, China
- 2013 Summer Clinician, UBC Law Student Legal Advice Program, Vancouver, BC
- 2012 Law Student, Boughton Peterson Yang Anderson LLP, Hong Kong, China
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- 2013 – 2014 Volunteer, S.U.C.C.E.S.S, Vancouver, BC
- 2011 – 2013 Clinician and Clinic Head, Law Students’ Legal Advice Program – Chinatown Clinic, Vancouver, BC
- 2011 – 2013 President, Chinese Law Students’ Association, Vancouver, BC
- 2011 – 2013 VP External, Asia Pacific Law Club, Vancouver, BC
- Member of Canadian Bar Association
- Member of Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (FACL)
- Fluent Mandarin Chinese
- Fluent French
- Basic Spanish