Elena has a Juris Doctor degree from Peter A. Allard School of Law at University of British Columbia. With a passionate approach to Family law, Elena is also committed to social justice and woman’s rights. She volunteered for the Arusha Women Legal Aid and Human Rights Organization in Tanzania, sponsored by her law school’s Dean’s Public Interest Fellowship. In her 2nd year at law school, Elena joined an International Justice and Human Rights Clinic and participated in writing a report to Justice Canada regarding global supply chain transparency legislation. Elena also worked for the Law Students Legal Advice Program as a switchboard operator and answered live chat questions on the Justice Education Society’s website.
Elena is fluent in both English and Chinese and is familiar with both the Canadian and Chinese legal system. Prior to her studies at UBC, Elena obtained her Bachelor of Law degree from a top tier law school in Beijing, China. Elena was a summer student in a premier Chinese business law firm and in Sichuan High People’s Court. She also worked at an International non-profit organization when she was an undergraduate student.
- 2017 Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia, BC
- 2014 Bachelor of Law, China University of Political Science and Law, Beijing, China
- 2017 – Present – Articled Student, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2016 – 2017 Clinician and Switch Board Operator, UBC Law Students Legal Advice Program, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 Summer Intern, Fangda Partners, Beijing, China
- 2013-2014 Student Assistant, The Global Network for Public Interest Law, Beijing, China
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- 2016 – 2017 Treasure, Honey Badger Women’s Rugby Team at Peter A. Allard School of Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 – 2016 VP External, Asia Pacific Law Club, Vancouver, BC
- Member of Canadian Bar Association
- Member of Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (FACL)