Gurdeep completed her legal studies at Thompson Rivers University where she obtained her Juris Doctorate. Prior to that, she obtained her Bachelor of Arts with Honorius from Simon Fraser here in BC.
With a passion for family law and a dedication to excellent client service, Gurdeep’s mandate is to move her clients forward with compassion. This compassion, combined with an expertise of how the Family Law Act applies to divorce, separation, property and asset division as well as child and spousal support, makes her a great asset to the team at MacLean Law.
Gurdeep has a wealth of practical experience in family law and over ten years working in client relations. Some of her practical experience includes drafting separation agreements, compiling Financial Statements, drafting desk order divorces, and drafting pleadings for Chambers hearings in the B.C. Supreme Court.
Gurdeep is currently taking a course on Designing Legal Expert Systems where she works in small teams with nonprofit organizations to create legal apps that enhance access to justice. She is known as an extraordinarily kind, warm-hearted person, with a tremendous creative talent and a passion for design and fashion.
- 2017 Juris Doctor, Thompson Rivers University Law School, BC
- 2012 Bachelors of Art in Criminology/Communications with Honours, Simon Fraser University, BC
- Lawyer, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- Articled Student, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2017 Wallace M. Wong & Co. Barristers & Solicitors, BC
- 2016 Fordham Law School, BC
- 2015 – 2016 Business Development Bank of Canada, BC
- 2012 Ministry of Justice, Chilliwack Crown Counsel, BC
- 2012 TD Bank Financial Group, BC
- 2017 Legal Applications for Justice at Thompson Rivers University Law
- 2011 – 2103 Downtown Community Court Worker
- 2008 – 2012 Student Ambassador at Simon Fraser University
- 2009 – 2010 Vancouver Olympics 2010 Volunteer
- Xu v. Yang, 2018 BCSC 393 – Gurdeep and her team were successful in dismissing the Plaintiff’s application for a summary trial to enforce a Chinese Court Judgement in BC.
- Fluent in Punjabi and Hindi