Michael graduated from Queen’s University in 2014 where he received his Juris Doctorate. At law school, Michael served as an Associate Editor on the Queen’s Law Journal and worked as a student caseworker at the Queen’s Elder Law Clinic, which provides specialized legal advice to seniors in the community.
Prior to joining MacLean Law, Michael practiced primarily in family law, civil litigation, real estate conveyancing and succession planning primarily assisting the Chinese community in the Lower Mainland. He has appeared in all levels of court in British Columbia. He is fluent in Cantonese and conversational in Mandarin.
Prior to pursuing his legal career, Michael obtained a Master of Arts in history from the University of Toronto. In his spare time, Michael is an avid baseball and soccer fan and enjoys spending time with his family and experimenting in the kitchen.
- 2014 Juris Doctor, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON
- 2011 Master of Arts, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2010 Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 British Columbia Bar
- 2015 Ontario Bar
- Present – Lawyer, MacLean Family Law
- 2016-2017 Associate Lawyer, Wallace M. Wong & Co., Richmond, BC
- 2014-2015 Articled Student, Haney, Haney & Kendall, Waterloo, ON
- 2014-2015 Articled Student, Clarke Melville Law Firm, Kitchener, ON
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- 2013 – 2014 Student Caseworker, Queen’s Elder Law Clinic, Kingston, ON
- 2012 – 2013 Associate Editor, Queen’s Law Journal, Kingston, ON
- Zhang v. Tsai, 2017 BCCA 371 as co-counsel. Successfully appealed a summary trial decision ordering specific performance