Rana has a Master of Laws from Peter A. Allard School of Law at University of British Columbia. She earned her LL.B with Honours at the University of London, United Kingdom. She also gained valuable experience in a pro bono law clinic where she became familiar with cases regarding social enterprise, online consultancy, media law and various forms of employment conflicts.
Rana cares about people and is dedicated to helping her clients move forward through her practice of family law. She coordinated case management of community resources, service plans and functioned as liaison with other service providers in supporting newly arriving immigrants to Canada for the Immigrant Services Society of BC.
Rana is fluent in both English and Farsi and has travelled extensively throughout England, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Greece, Holland, Italy, Spain and Hungary. In her spare time, you can find her at the gym, playing the piano or painting.
- 2017 Master of Laws (LL.M), Peter A. Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 LL.B (Honours), University of London, United Kingdom
- 2011 Bachelor of Arts (Sociology), University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- 2018 – Present – Articled Student, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2016 Legal Assistant, Ellis Law Corporation, Vancouver, BC
- 2016 Paralegal, Oliver Fisher Solicitors, London, United Kingdom
- 2013 – 2015 Residential Advisor, University of London, United Kingdom
- 2013 – 2015 Assistant Consultant, Start-Ed Pro Bono Law Clinic, London, United Kingdom
- 2012 Administrative Assistant, Immigrant Services Society of BC, Vancouver, BC
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- 2016 Peter A. Allard School of Law Entrance Award
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- 2016 – 2017 Clinician, UBC Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, Vancouver, BC
- 2016 – 2017 Elected Graduate Committee Representative, Peter A. Allard School of Law, UBC, Vancouver, BC