As Manager of Finance, Ryan is responsible for managing MacLean Law’s day-to-day accounting department and overseeing regulatory and trust accounting. His role ensures financial stability and sustainability using best practice efficiencies and compliance with the Law Society rules and statutes.
Ryan comes to MacLean Law with significant CFO experience in public companies. He is a highly analytical decision-maker with extensive experience in building, turning around, and operating companies, and a proven history of increasing productivity with innovative and effective problem solving. As an international and seasoned executive, he has conducted business in Africa, Russia, Europe and Asia, providing him with excellent skills in communication with a wide range of people.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Saskatchewan, major in accounting
- Former member of the Institute of Certified Fraud Examiners – over 50 hours of training in Fraud prevention and detection
- Former member of the Institute of Internal Auditors – extensive training in compliance and performance auditing
- Advanced excel training – financial modeling
- 1999 CPA – Chartered Accountant designation, UFE honor roll
- Present – Manager of Finance, MacLean Law
- 2012 – 2015 CFO, True Gold Mining Inc., Vancouver, BC
- 2007 – 2011 CFO, Fortress Minerals Corp., Vancouver, BC
- 2006 – 2007 Project Manager, International Uranium Corp., Vancouver, BC
- 2003 – 2006 Senior Audit Manager and Interim Chief of the Criminal Investigations Division, Office of the Public Auditor, Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia
- 1997 – 2003 Assurance Manager, KPMG LLP, Kamloops, BC