Sunny obtained his law degree from Thompson Rivers University’s Faculty of Law. He was the 2nd year class representative at law school and he also founded the TRU Law soccer club. Sunny was also one of the students who represented TRU to volunteer at the Annual Review of Insolvency Law (ARIL) Conference in Vancouver.
Prior to his studies at TRU, Sunny has also enjoyed career successes as a news reporter and a public relations consultant. He was a finalist of the Jack Webster Awards in 2012, an annual ceremony recognizing outstanding journalists in BC. He also hosted TV segments of the 2013 BC election and conducted 1 on 1 interviews with former BC Premier Christy Clark and former opposition leader Adrian Dix.
Sunny is passionate about helping clients, and during his spare time he completed and received certification on Family Violence Screening Training for Litigators and Dispute Resolution Professionals. The training helps direct families to appropriate processes that address safety concerns and power imbalances.
Outside of work, Sunny remains engaged with the community. He was the honorary communications director of a national fund raising campaign for the Canadian Museum for Human Rights in Winnipeg. Sunny is a big soccer fan, and is a childhood supporter of Arsenal FC in London UK. He also plays badminton and enjoys road trips, hiking and jet skiing during summer.
Sunny is also fluent in written and oral Mandarin and Cantonese. He was a summer student in the Beijing headquarters of a prominent corporate law firm in China.
- 2018 Juris Doctor, Thompson Rivers University Law School, BC
- Diploma Program in Interpretation and Translation, Simon Fraser University, BC
- Bachelor of Art in English, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, HK
- 2018 Articled Student, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2017 Summer Student, MacLean Law, Vancouver, BC
- 2016 Summer Student, DeHeng Law Offices, Beijing, China
- 2016 Summer Student, Direction Legal LLP, Vancouver, BC
- 2013-2015 Communications and Marketing Consultant, Dunn Thexton Public Relations, Vancouver, BC
- 2012-2013 Reporter/Host of Political and Financial Segments, OMNI Television, Vancouver, BC
- 2011-2012 Reporter, Editorial Department, Sing Tao Daily Limited, Vancouver, BC
- TRU Law Dean’s Course Prize – Torts (2016 Winter)
- He was a finalist of the Jack Webster Awards in 2012.
- 2016-2017 2nd Year Law Student Representative, 2016-2017 TRU Society of Law Students (TRUSLS), Kamloops, BC
- Honorary Communications and Social Media Director, Canadian Museum for Human rights (CSMHR), Chinese Community National Fund Raising Campaign, Vancouver, BC
- Fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.